Monday, June 13, 2011

Baked Peel-n-Eat Shrimp

Just had this over the weekend and I have to say it was fabulous.  I always think it a pain to have all this boiling water with seasoning and lemon slices. And you have to get the shrimp in and out quickly and I have a phobia about handling large amounts of hot boiling water.  So there added stress with the proces.  Well now I can BAKE IT!  Duh!  Seems obvious, but it never occurred to me!  Every piece of shrimp I ate was perfect: easy to peel, not overdone, not ending up with water dripping down your elbow.  I think any Boiled Shrimp spice would work.
Ingredients
1 pound large shell-on deveined shrimp
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss shrimp evenly in oil and seasoning and bake on a sheet tray for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through
Abstinent Measuring
4 oz = 1 protein
Notes
Seriously, that’s all there is to it!

No comments: